Pages

Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Fashion vs. Style

The task of differentiating between fashion and style has been an ongoing theme in my life as I attempt to define the certain box my wardrobe fits in. Somedays I think it's preppy, as I admire seersucker and lovely Tory Burch flats, other days I like to think I'm more free-spirited as I slide on a colorfully woven Anthro headband. A recent realization of mine is that you don't always have to accurately define your sense of personal style.

This reminds me of a story that my mom always recounts to me from when I was little. My close friend's mother asked me the heavy question "Are you a tomboy or a girly-girl?", which at the time was the debate of the century for most eight year old girls. My eight-year old self contemplated the question for a few seconds, then loftily responded, "I'm just Jolie." and for right now, just being Jolie is quite enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment